Location Settings: Android
OnTarget Mobile Location Settings for Android Devices:
To use OnTarget Mobile for clocking in and out of your shifts you must have your location services turned on and enabled for your device and browser. We recommend using Google Chrome on your mobile devices to clock in and out from.
1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app
2. Find and tap on Location
3. This must be turned on for you to be able to clock in and out
Android's location tracking uses Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cell towers by default to triangulate your location. By switching to High Accuracy location mode, your Android phone will use GPS satellites in addition to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cell towers to improve your accuracy. To enable (recommended for most accurate location capture):
1. Open your device's Settings app.
2. Tap Security & location - Location Mode.
3. Choose High accuracy or Battery saving. Both options can use Wi-Fi, mobile networks, and sensors to determine location.
OnTarget works best with the Chrome browser. You will need to adjust location settings inside Chrome as well.
Google Chrome Settings
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app
- To the right of the address bar, tap on the three dots
3. Tap Settings
4. Scroll down to the Advanced section and tap on Site Settings
5. Tap Location
6. This must be turned on for you to be able to clock in and out – Chrome will ask you before allowing sites to know your location. You will have the option to block or allow.
7. Make sure OnTarget is not in the list of blocked sites so you are able to clock in and out. To change the settings for a specific site, tap the site name listed below Blocked or Allowed.
If you use he Google App to access the OnTarget site (again Google Chrome app is recommended), then ensure the location settings are enabled within the Google App along with your device location. Find the app in your settings and select Location. Choose the Ask Next Time option.